Our client is the UK’s leading distributer of products within their industry; they supply, fit and service a large range of their products. They now have a requirement for a Vehicle Mechanic to join their team at their site in Thurrock, Essex.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company, and although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the armed forces i.e. British Army (REME), Royal Navy or Royal Air Force/RAF (MT), with mechanical engineering background.
- Carry out mechanical repairs including brakes, servicing, exhausts and full diagnostics.
- Assist in depot stock control, stock taking and fleet inspections.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved at all times.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- The candidate will have a mechanical engineering background and will hold a relevant qualification up to Level 3.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Motivated and hard working.
- Able to prioritise and manage a heavy workload.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Team player with the ability to work using own initiative.
- Hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Salary £Competitive depending on experience.
- Bonus Scheme (To be discussed at interview stage).
- Company Vehicle, Uniform, PPE.
- Ongoing training and development.
- Monday to Friday – 8am – 5.30pm & Saturdays 8.30am – 12.30pm.
- 22 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme, Employee Referral Scheme.
- Challenging and varied working environment.
- Opportunity to join a well-established company.