Demob Job Reference: j3011
Job Title: Vehicle Technician
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Salary: £Negotiable DOE + Benefits
Our Client operates as a long-established vehicle workshop that provides a wide variety of service solutions including servicing, engine management diagnostics, MOT’s, Exhausts, Tyres and Batteries. They now have an urgent requirement for a Vehicle Technician to join the busy team at their site in Southampton.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Army (REME, Royal Engineers) and has a proven Engineering background as a Vehicle Mechanic / Fitter / Technician and holds a relevant qualification i.e. NVQ Level, City & Guilds, IMI Apprenticeship in Mechanics / Motor Vehicle Studies.
- Carry out inspection, fault diagnosis, repairs, maintenance, modifications and road testing to a diverse range of vehicles including cars and vans.
- Diagnose faults using manufacturer and generic electronic diagnosis equipment.
- Fully conversant with Cam Belts, Head Gaskets, Engine rebuilds.
- Carry out 4 Wheel alignments, fit tyres and service air-conditioning.
- Carry out MOTs (Tester’s license an advantage, training can be given).
- Work as part of a team and liaise with suppliers and clients.
- Meet high health & safety standards, and adhere to issued Safe Systems of Work and Risk assessments.
- Ensure that all equipment including workshop plant is maintained to the highest standards at all times.
- Complete all paperwork in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Work as a team with your colleagues to ensure vehicle jobs are completed to the required time and standard
(Right first time).
- Ensure all vehicles are in safe working order.
- Carry out all repairs to the highest standards.
- Able to carry out in-depth engineering work and diagnostics.
- Maintain and keep secure all tools, equipment, PPE and technical documentation assigned.
- All repair activities carried out in accordance with current Health and Safety legislation and the client’s policy.
- Safe operation of all relevant equipment, machines and tools and completion of associated documentation.
- Undertake a weekend rota (one Saturday out of every two / three).
- The successful candidate will be a fully qualified or experienced Mechanic / Vehicle Technician, possessing City and Guilds Level 2 / NVQ 3 / IMI Apprenticeship in Mechanics or equivalent.
- Knowledge of a variety of makes and models of vehicles - Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge products experience would be advantageous.
- Full driving license essential.
- Ability and willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to understand technical documentation and schematics.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to adapt to a constant change of priorities and tasks.
- Good communication skills.
- IT Literate.
- Salary £Negotiable per annum.
- Mon – Fri 8am / 8.30am – 6pm / 5.30pm, Sat 8am – 12pm on a rota basis.
- 23 days annual holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Uniform Provided.
- Pension Scheme.
- Opportunity to work for a successful, family business.