Our client based in Chelmsford, Essex are a well-established vehicle dealership in the UK. Due to continued expansion our client is now looking for a Vehicle Technician to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for working as part of a team to ensure all vehicles are serviced and repaired to the manufacturers’ standards.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and have a proven demonstrable background as an Engineer, Technician or Vehicle Mechanic.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for service, repair and MOT of a variety of vehicles across the dealership which could be anything from cars through to commercial vehicles, campervans or horseboxes.
- Fault finding down to component level and rectify faults.
- Replace components when needed and do any modifications needed.
- Responsible for carrying out MOT work – both pre-MOT and actual MOT – ensuring all paperwork is completed.
- Ensuring all vehicles are completed to the highest of standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Carry out 100% efficiency on all work – you will benefit from a bonus scheme.
- The successful candidate must have a strong mechanical engineering background, you must also have the qualifications i.e NVQ / City & Guilds or equivalent in vehicle studies / mechanical engineering.
- Ideally you will also have an MOT licence and air conditioning certificate.
- Must have strong service / repair experience.
- A demonstrable working background as a vehicle technician or mechanic.
- Ideally hold a recognised qualification in the above.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Be willing to work as part of a team.
- Committed to career progression.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- £25,000 - £27,000 basic, OTE £27,000 - £31,000
- Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm & Alternate Saturdays 8am – 12.30pm.
- 22 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Car purchase scheme, share saver scheme, healthcare plus other benefits that will be discussed at interview stage.
- Opportunity to join a fast paced environment with the opportunity to grow.