Vehicle Inspector (Part Time)
- Job Reference: J2245
- Date Posted: 26 April 2017
- Recruiter: Demob Job Ltd
- Website: https://www.demobjob.co.uk/
- Location: London
- Salary: £17.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration: 12 Months
- Work Hours: Part Time
Our client, located in London, has an immediate requirement for a fully qualified HGV mechanic (Part-time) to be responsible for the inspection of vehicles for their prestigious client base for a 12 month FTC (Fixed Term Contract). VOSA vehicle inspection training will be given. You will be required to travel around the London and surrounding counties to carry out inspections on a wide variety of vehicles including road tests, emissions, brake tests and suspension.
It is essential for this role that firstly you are available to work part time, 16-20 hours per week, Tuesday and Thursday, between 7am and 6pm and secondly you are a qualified HGV Mechanic and hold a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
Please note that this role requires extensive driving, including test drives of HGV’s around London and surrounding areas therefore you must hold a full valid UK HGV driving licence.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army (REME, Vehicle Mechanic), Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and has previously worked within a similar role.
- Your main responsibility will be to carry out all necessary inspection and vehicle checks required to ensure the safety of the vehicle.
- Accompany vehicle drivers on road tests to ensure that vehicles are road worthy and ensure there are no defects.
- Keep up to date with procedural and technical developments relating to the job including relevant legislation and Inspectorate policy.
-Help and advise customers as required with queries relating to agreed technical standards ensuring a high standard of service delivery.
- You will also be required to go underneath vehicles to inspect them and ensure there are no visual defects or any damage.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety procedures.
- Write reports and fill in correct paperwork in order to keep vehicle documents up to date and in line with legislation.
- You will be required to travel to Ireland for initial training and induction therefore must be flexible.
- This is a part time role therefore you will only be working approx 16-20 hours per week, Tuesday and Thursday.
- You may be required to work extra hours if there is a heavy workload.
- It is essential for this role that you hold a minimum of NVQ / City & Guilds level 2 in Vehicle Maintenance/Inspection (and the ability to produce the relevant certificates) with HGV experience.
- HGV inspection experience would be advantageous.
- You must have a proven background within a mechanics / vehicle technican role.
- Experience of working with a wide range of vehicles including Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGV).
- Full valid UK and HGV driving licence.
- Good working knowledge of the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Experience of working within a vehicle workshop.
- Familiar with working to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with hand tools.
- Great attention to detail.
- Flexible as you will be required to work around London.
- Up to £17 per hour salary DOE.
- Approx 16-20 hours per week, Tuesday and Thursday, between 7am and 6pm.
- Company vehicle and tools provided.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.