UPS Field Service Engineer
- Job Reference: J2963
- Date Posted: 10 May 2017
- Recruiter: Demob Job Ltd
- Website: https://www.demobjob.co.uk/
- Location: London
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: £Attractive Salary
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Demob Job Reference: j2963
Job Title: UPS Field Service Engineer
Location: London & South East
Salary: £Attractive Salary DOE + Overtime
Our client is a well established company specialising in the design, build and installation of Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) and generator systems. Due to continued expansion our client requires a UPS Field Service Engineer. Working from home you will be located in the London or surrounding area (i.e. North East or South London, Essex, Kent, Home Counties.) You will be required to cover London and the South East carrying out UPS commissioning, servicing, maintenance and repair of faults. Please note due to the nature of the role you must be flexible and be prepared to work evenings, weekends and undertake an on-call rota when required.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and has previously worked within a similar role within a commercial environment.
- Carrying out servicing and maintenance of UPS systems at customer premises, undertaking the commissioning of complete UPS systems and providing breakdown support, testing and fault finding on UPS systems and power quality equipment.
- Working on electrical systems, UPS battery systems and static UPS.
- Partaking in the on-call rota.
- Competent use and understanding of test equipment (meter/clamp/scope).
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of safe working practices on site with relevance to high voltage AC and DC equipment.
- Manage any on-site problems to a positive conclusion and / or escalate to the relevant parties when appropriate.
- Prepared to work some evenings and weekend as required, sometimes away from home.
- Display a commitment to completing jobs within prescribed timescales to achieve a first time fix.
- Complete all documentation relating to site visits in a timely and satisfactory manner, including field service reports, expenses and overtime reports.
Understand and comply with all requirements defined in the Employee Health & Safety Handbook and Engineer Performance Standards.
- The successful candidate must hold an HNC/HND in an Electrical or Electronics discipline or have a strong background within a similar role.
- You must have a strong, proven knowledge of a variety of UPS equipment with excellent commercial awareness.
- Ability to operate remotely with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Must be flexible and be part of a call out rota.
- 17th Edition would be beneficial.
- Overtime Available.
- Callout Allowance.
- Company Van, Laptop, Mobile Phone.
- Home based.
- 40 hours per week 7am - 7pm.
- 23 days holiday (Rising with service) plus 8 statutory days.
- Pension Scheme.