Our client based in Liskeard, Cornwall is a well-established manufacturer. Due to continued expansion our client is now looking for a Shift Maintenance Technician to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks across the plant ensuring that machinery runs efficiently at all times.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army (REME), Royal Navy (Marine Engineer) or Royal Air Force (RAF) coming from an electrical/mechanical engineering background and / or have previously worked within a production / manufacturing role.
Please note that due to the nature of this role the successful candidate(s) will be required to work of a shift pattern of week 1 6am – 1pm Monday to Thursday & 6am – 3pm Friday then week 2 1pm – 10.15pm Monday to Thursday.
- Ensure that production machinery/equipment is achieving maximum efficiency.
- Provide assistance on breakdowns and ensure minimum downtime of machinery.
- Carry out planned maintenance tasks making any improvements needed.
You will be a ‘hands-on’ Multi Skilled Engineer and be able to apply your previous engineering background and experience to achieve the very highest levels of plant maintenance. Reporting to the Engineering Manager or the General Manager, you will be self-motivated and innovative in approach, capable of working within a proactive team and be committed to Planned Preventative Maintenance and the highest standards of Health & Safety.
- The successful candidate must have a strong mechanical engineering background with basic electrical skills.
- Must have experience of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Experience of working on projects / new installations and machine modifications.
- Fault finding experience and enjoy problem solving.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Work well within a team or on own as required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic salary £22,000 - £28,000.
- Shift Work Days / Nights, Week 1 - 6am – 1pm Monday to Thursday & 6am – 3pm Friday. Week 2 - 1pm - 10.15pm Monday to Thursday.
- Pension scheme.
- Company sick pay scheme.