Our client is a leading provider of Information Technology solutions to their prestigious client base in the UK. They are now recruiting for a Security Compliance Manager to join their team in Birmingham. You will provide management, leadership and accountability for security services internally and across customers. Duties will be dispersed across operational reactive and proactive security services providing Operational IT management across platforms, technologies and services delivered.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF), Royal Signals are encouraged to apply.
Please note that due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to travel to client’s sites therefore candidates wishing to be considered for this role must be flexible with regards to travel.
- Define, deliver and maintain a good practice Security function aimed to ensure compliance, accreditation and service delivery across Data Centre Services internal teams and customer base.
- Ensuring “business as usual” operations and services for Data Centre internal teams and customers where contracted.
- Define, deliver and maintain a comprehensive documentation and process set that aligns to client delivery teams.
- Ensure governance and compliance is in place and adhered to through the use of process, technical and documented procedures.
- Proactively drive continual service improvement across the security function and wider service delivery teams in order to ensure compliance and meet business objectives.
- Directly interact with clients, account managers, technical teams and third parties where required.
- Ability to challenge subject matter experts in a reasoned and logical manner to explore all possible solutions to an incident or service improvement area.
- To provide proactive drive and guidance to Operations teams in order to improve process and ensure security focus awareness is given in order to ensure compliance and governance across the service delivery teams.
- To provide recommendations, input and value add to Data Centre service road maps and future states.
- To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels.
- Support an Out of Hours Management escalation process.
- Provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
- To perform any other duties from time to time that may be required by line manager.
- Excellent security knowledge and experience gained working with standard accreditation frameworks.
- Good all round IT knowledge preferably with a Data Centre Services organisation.
- Senior level IT Management and leadership experience within a Data Centre environment.
- Ability to inspire, lead and provide guidance to security managers, engineers and teams in best practice in IT security operational environments.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to disseminate the right level of technical or solution information intended for the correct audience.
- Excellent documentation skills across security, technical, process and customer facing documentation.
- Strong customer facing experience.
- Confident character with the ability to interface effectively at all levels.
- Commitment to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Full UK Driving License.
- ITIL, ISO, CISSP/CISM Accreditations.
- Pension Scheme.
- Healthcare Plan & Life Assurance.
- 23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Mon – Fri: 9am – 5.30pm.
- Opportunity to join an established and reputable company.