Pump Service Engineer
- Job Reference: J3056
- Date Posted: 13 June 2017
- Recruiter: Demob Job Ltd
- Website: https://www.demobjob.co.uk/
- Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
- Salary: £30,000 to £45,000
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire are a well-established manufacturer. They supply to a number of companies across the UK and are now looking for 2 additional Pump Service Engineers to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation, service and repair of the companies’ equipment.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and have a proven demonstrable background as an Engineer, Technician or Mechanic.
- You will be responsible for visiting client sites’ to install, service and repair a variety of pump systems.
- Perform general electrical and mechanical engineering duties to ensure that pump systems are working correctly.
- Carry out maintenance, repairs, commissioning and installations of the companies pump stations and associated equipment.
- Travel nationwide to client sites.
- Participate in emergency call out rota.
- Work with grey water and effluent systems and work with confined spaces.
- Communicate effectively with the service team, providing reports and photos of pumps and associated equipment, with the use of a PDA and mobile phone.
- Provide positive and helpful disposition and professionally communicate with customers.
- Work independently or as a member of a team.
- The successful candidate must have a strong mechanical and electrical engineering background.
- BS7671:2008 17th edition wiring regulations qualification would be highly advantageous.
- Confine space trained and ideally hold CSCS card.
- Proven experience of working with grey water and effluent systems / submersible pump stations.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Good mechanical and electrical skills.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Flexibility to work on emergency call rota.
- Professional and able to communicate well with others.
- Trustworthy, honest and have integrity.
- Flexible with regards to overnight stays when required.
- Up to £30,000 basic, OTE £40,000 +
- Monday – Friday 45 hours per week, 8am – 5.30pm.
- 21 days holiday plus 8 stats rising to 23 with length of service.
- Company van, PDA, tools & uniform.
- Company pension plus other benefits to be discussed at interview stage.
- Opportunity to join a fast paced motivated environment.