Our client is one of the UK’s leading support services companies. They look after our Armed Forces by delivering essential infrastructure including housing, facilities management and grounds maintenance services. They now require a Project Manager to be based at Brize Norton. You will be responsible for delivering a programme of Additional Works (Projects) for area of remit, ensuring a high quality output and that all works are delivered on time and within budget.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and a proven track record within a property/maintenance environment on a MoD estate.
- Manage the service delivery of all Additional Works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Confer with the relevant parties to agree scope and priorities of work and review management of Additional Works on a regular basis.
- Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
- Support and develop Supply Chain relationships to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks to successfully deliver Additional Works.
- Ensure all documentation relating to Additional Works is completed and distributed in a timely manner and recorded against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system and provide up to date detail to Land and Asset Management Services.
- Lead the identification of risk and develop management processes for Additional Works containing appropriate measures to mitigate the impact.
- Identify opportunities on establishments that will support the MoD’s carbon reduction targets. Lead Additional Works to incorporate sustainable solutions and support the sustainability agenda.
- Oversee implementation and ongoing completion of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Sustainability processes.
- Associate Member of a relevant professional body (e.g. APM).
- Educated to Degree level in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS).
- Continuing Professional Development
- Requirement to travel extensively across all sites within area of responsibility.
- Demonstrable experience of managing staff in project management including: leading an operational team to achieve KPI’s, stakeholder management, management of costs, planning, controlling and directing activities and proactive performance management of Supply Chain.
- Experience of leading multi-site operations including agreeing scope and priorities of work, proactive performance management and continuous management and implementation of HR procedures.
- IT Literate: MS Excel, Word.
- Salary £40,000 - £45,000 DOE
- Mon – Fri 38 hour working week.
- Pension Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.