Our client based in Croydon, Surrey provide engineering solutions across the UK. Their focus is on Medical, Aerospace, Military and Automotive sectors. Due to continued expansion out client is now looking for a Production Supervisor / Foreman to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing work carried out in the factory. You must have some sort of engineering understanding and have previously worked in a fabrication or machine shop environment.
Although not essential, candidates coming from an (ex-military) background i.e. Army (REME), Navy (Marine Engineer) or Royal Air Force (RAF) career are encouraged to apply especially those with a Production / Fabrication supervisory background.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and organizing all staff on the shop floor.
- Management of annual leave, sickness, appraisals, disciplinary, return to work interviews and any other associated tasks.
- Production planning – allocating work to staff, dealing with any queries regarding the work and ensuring all the jobs are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Look after the maintenance and upkeep for machines on the factory floor, putting into place a rolling maintenance plan.
- Manage all the factories health & safety – be the main point of contact.
- Liaise between the sales staff and factory staff to ensure that each job is communicated efficiently and the company works as a team.
- Investigate when issues arise and improve systems of work.
- The successful candidate must have previous experience as a Production Supervisor / Foreman within a fabrication or machine shop environment.
- Have experience and knowledge within engineering.
- Be able to read and interpret CAD drawings.
- Experience and knowledge in managing around 15 employees.
- Computer literate with experience of word, Excel, Outlook, CAD and if possible factory manager software.
- Be confident, organized and methodical approach to work.
- Ability to problem solve and come up with solutions.
- Ability to communicate to managers and staff and clients in a professional and firm manner.
- Up to £30,000 annual salary depending on experience.
- Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm, Friday 8am – 1pm.
- Initially 20 days holiday rising to 25 with length of service.
- Government pension scheme plus other benefits to be discussed at interview stage.
- Opportunity to join a well-established and reputable company with the opportunity to grow.