- Job Reference: J3045
- Date Posted: 2 June 2017
- Recruiter: Demob Job Ltd
- Website: https://www.demobjob.co.uk/
- Location: Grays, Essex
- Salary: £35,000 to £45,000
- Sector: Engineering, Manufacturing Operations
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client based in Grays, Essex are a well-established production facility. They have doubled their turnover in the past 12 months and are keen to recruit an additional Production Manager to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day to day production shop floor along with the existing manager. Ideally you will have a technical understanding both with electrical and mechanical engineering relating to production machinery.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and have a proven demonstrable background as an Engineer, Technician or Mechanic.
- This is a shop floor based role so management skills are very important as this is a very busy production floor.
- You will be responsible for coordinating with the existing production manager and managing the shop floor staff.
- Production planning – ensuring that all jobs can be completed on time and that there is the minimum amount of wastage on raw materials.
- Responsible for appraisals, rotas, holidays, sickness and organizing any relevant training.
- Ensuring the quality of the products is to a very high standard at all times.
- Having a technical understanding you must be able to diagnose faults on machines and rectify minor faults or arrange for the relevant sub-contractor to visit.
- Ensuring health & safety is followed very carefully at all times.
- Any other duties as required.
- The successful candidate must have a strong technical background in electrical & mechanical engineering.
- Operations / Production Management or similar experience.
- Strong people management skills.
- Be confident, organized and methodical approach to work.
- Ability to problem solve and come up with solutions.
- Ability to communicate to managers and staff and clients in a professional and firm manner.
- Ideally furniture, timber processing experience and proven ability to learn new processes and systems.
- Experience with planning.
- Experience of writing new policies and procedures.
- Flexible with approach to work.
- Up to £45,000 annual salary.
- Monday – Thursday 6am – 5pm, Friday 6am – 3.30pm
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Pension plus other benefits to be discussed at interview stage.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.