Production / General Manager
- Job Reference: J3023
- Date Posted: 18 May 2017
- Recruiter: Demob Job Ltd
- Website: https://www.demobjob.co.uk/
- Location: Croydon, London
- Salary: £30,000 to £40,000
- Sector: Engineering, Manufacturing Operations
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client based in Croydon, Surrey provide engineering solutions across the UK. Their focus is on Medical, Aerospace, Military and Automotive sectors. Due to continued expansion out client is now looking for a Production / General Manager to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the general management of the office and shop floor. Also responsible for working closely with the sales team to devise strategies to drive the business forward and gain more profit.
Although not essential, candidates coming from an (ex-military) background i.e. Army (REME), Navy (Marine Engineer) or Royal Air Force (RAF) career are encouraged to apply especially those with a Production / Fabrication Management background.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the general management of the company including managing the sales team, administration office and working closely with the Supervisor on the production shop floor.
- Perform assigned duties and responsibilities as defined by the board of directors.
- Direct and coordinate the day to day running of the business.
- Develop strategies and policies to achieve the company’s goals.
- Review and analyse activities of the business, costs, operations’ and forecast data to determine progress towards stated goals and objectives.
- Plan and review marketing activities.
- Identify and implement an external sales plan.
- Develop strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Retain a good understanding of the market, new products, competitors, development of technology and in particular any relations to the customers’ needs.
- Maximise the performance and development of individuals including succession planning.
- The successful candidate must have a strong engineering background and experience ideally within Production Management.
- Must have experience within a fabrication / machining environment.
- Have experience of managing 20 + employees.
- Computer literate with experience of word, excel, outlook, CAD and ideally Factory Master.
- Confident, organized and methodical in approach to work.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and the ability to motivate others.
- Able to problem solve and come up with solutions.
- Lead by example.
- Flexible approach to working hours with this being a senior role.
- Up to £40,000 annual salary depending on experience.
- Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm, Friday 8am – 1pm.
- Initially 20 days holiday rising to 25 with length of service.
- Government pension scheme plus other benefits to be discussed at interview stage.
- Opportunity to join a well-established and reputable company with the opportunity to grow.