Operations / Technical Manager
- Job Reference: J3021
- Date Posted: 16 May 2017
- Recruiter: Demob Job Ltd
- Website: https://www.demobjob.co.uk/
- Location: Aldershot, Hampshire
- Salary: £34,000 to £44,000
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client provides maintenance, service and repair services to their client base in the South of England, including London. Due to continued expansion they are now looking for an Operations / Technical Manager to join their team at their site in Aldershot. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support for helpdesk operators to provide quotes against service level agreements.
Although not essential, candidates coming from an (ex military) background i.e. Army (REME), Navy (Marine Engineer) or Royal Air Force (RAF) career are encouraged to apply, especially those looking to move into the Air Conditioning sector.
- Responsible for the delivery of hard services to the companies’ clients.
- Overseeing all planned maintenance schedules.
- On site supervision where required at client’s site to provide assistance to engineers.
- Exceed clients’ expectations and maintain a good working relationship.
- Attend regular service review meetings with clients’ management team.
- Providing technical support for the helpdesk on works identified by engineering personnel.
- Assist in covering 24/7 call outs for clients’ under contract.
- Offering advice and technical support to clients’ and potential clients.
- Assist if necessary with repairs to critical equipment if resources require it.
- Ensuring compliance with good practice, uphold the company’s procedures and its operating standards.
- Assist with carrying out working practice audits.
- Assist the company to develop new sales leads.
- It is essential that you have a strong management background within a similar role.
- City & Guilds Part 2 and 3 in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning.
- CITB Safe Handling of Refrigerants.
- Engineering experience.
- Familiar with installation of Air Conditioning systems / quoting.
- Working with a range of Air Conditioning systems – DX, Glycol, Chillers, Splits, VRV / VRF Pumps (Comms Equipment).
- Good communication skills.
- Motivated to work on industry leading equipment.
- IT skills and able to work under pressure when the role calls for it.
- Up to £44,000 Salary depending on experience.
- Monday – Friday – 40 hours per week.
- Overtime payable.
- Company Van, Mobile Phone after training.
- Pension Scheme.
- Health Scheme after successful completion of probationary period.