Our client is a leading manufacturer of products within their industry. They now have a requirement for a Multi-Skilled Shift Technician to join their team at their site in Hereford. Reporting to the Shift Manager the successful candidate will maintain plant and equipment for the site, keep production running and maximise utilisation of machinery. Attend breakdowns and carry out basic planned maintenance tasks.
Please note that this role will involve working on a continental shift pattern (i.e. 4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights on, 4 nights off), working 12 hour shifts, therefore candidates wishing to be considered for this role must be flexible with regards to working unsociable hours and weekends.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army (REME), Royal Navy (Marine Engineer), or Royal Air Force (RAF) and has previously worked within a similar role.
- Carry out mechanical / electrical repairs to plant and equipment (breakdowns), carry out routine maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Use machine tools for repairs i.e. centre lathes, pedestal drill, pedestal grinder - as required.
- Carry out welding and fabrication, welding in general to fabricate parts including soldering.
- Use engineering drawings, manuals and circuit diagrams to diagnose faults.
- Conduct fault diagnostics on machinery.
- Move machinery for production changes, start-up, shutdown and isolate plant equipment and services.
- Testing of plant services and equipment using micrometers / verniers as required.
- Work between all company sites as required.
- Assist in creating specifications for new equipment.
- Carry out process tasks i.e. Filter changes, die lip cleans.
- Carry out problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Conduct fault diagnostics on live electrical equipment.
- Assist with the development of planned maintenance tasks.
- Carry out risk assessments for maintenance activities.
- Drive Fork Lift Truck as required and use of access platforms (MEWP), cherry picker as required.
- Preferably hold full Driving Licence.
- You will ideally hold a multi-skilled background with mechanical or electrical bias.
- Knowledge of setting / operating production machinery.
- Hands-on experience of pipework: water, compressed air, water chiller.
- Previous knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics / carry out repairs to equipment.
- Technical background with the ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams.
- Proven knowledge of fault finding and diagnosis.
- Prepared to undertake shift work.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface at all levels.
- IT Literate.
- Shift Allowance.
- Shift Pattern: 4 days (6am – 6pm), 4 off, 4 nights (6pm – 6am), 4 off.
- Annual Holiday.
- Opportunity to join an established company.