Demob Job Reference: j3003
Job Title: Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer
Location: Mossley, Lancashire
Salary: £30,000 Including Shift Allowance
Our client is a well-established and leading provider of support services in the UK. They provide services to the whole UK economy including hospitality, healthcare and general industry. They are now looking for a 'Hands On' Multi - Skilled Shift Engineer to join a team of engineers working in a high volume production plant in Coventry, West Midlands.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army (REME), Royal Navy (Marine Engineer) or Royal Air Force (RAF) coming from an electrical / mechanical engineering background and / or have previously worked within a production / manufacturing role.
Please note that due to the nature of this role the successful candidate(s) will be working a rotating shift system (Rotating weekly, 5.45am-1.45pm, and 2.30pm–11pm). You will also be provided to provide weekend cover (one in every three weekends); therefore candidates wishing to be considered for this role must have a flexible approach in regards to working shifts.
- Ensure that production machinery/equipment is achieving maximum efficiency.
- You will be responsible for reactive breakdown repairs and adhere to the planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schedule.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and repair of a wide variety of electro–mechanical systems including hydraulics, conveyors, mono rail bag systems, LP steam, water softeners, LP air compressors and associated systems; pumps, 3 phase 440V supplies, 230V single phase supplies, industrial ironers, dryers, pneumatics, motors, press machines, steam systems, drives, belts, piping systems, high volume production equipment, mechanical/electrical machinery along with other associated plant.
You will be a ‘hands-on’ Multi Skilled Engineer and be able to apply your previous engineering background and experience to achieve the very highest levels of plant maintenance. Reporting to the Engineering Manager or the General Manager, you will be self-motivated and innovative in approach, capable of working within a proactive team and be committed to Planned Preventative Maintenance and the highest standards of Health & Safety.
- Required to respond to reactive machine breakdowns.
- Assist in creating a safe and healthy working environment.
- Ensure that machinery and equipment are maintained to achieve maximum efficiency and comply with all Health & Safety Requirements.
- Adhere to a preventative planned maintenance programme, covering equipment and services as laid down in the company procedures.
- Liaise with Senior Engineers, General Manager, Production Managers and Production staff as necessary.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Update maintenance log.
- Proven knowledge of fault finding and diagnosis.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Team Player.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Salary £30,000 including Shift Allowance.
- Shift Work Earlies / Lates / Mid-Shift.
- Pension scheme.