Our client is a leading meat supplier to their prestigious clientbase. They now have an immediate requirement for a Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer (Mechanical Bias) to be based at their site in Melton Mowbray. You will be responsible for carrying out maintenance, repairs and servicing work on all aspects of machinery used on site in a safe and efficient manner.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Army coming from a mechanical engineering background and / or has a background within a similar role.
Please note that you will work a rotating two-shift pattern consisting of one week of early shifts ( 6.30am - 3pm), one week of mid-shifts (10am – 6.30pm) along with alternate Saturday Standbys. During October and December, you will be expected to work a full shift pattern on alternative Saturdays. Candidates wishing to be considered for this role must therefore have a flexible approach to working shifts.
- Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will carry out both PPM and reactive maintenance and repairs to a range of equipment including cutting machines, boning machines, pullers, pulley systems, packaging machinery, loading arms, rollers and conveyor belts.
- Ensure that Company specifications are understood and adhered to.
- Work in an efficient manner to minimse and / or eliminate food safety risks such as cross contamination.
- Manage the response for emergency action to faulty/broken equipment, prioritising individual workload.
- Ensure minimum production loss by attending and resuming breakdowns quickly and competently.
- Ensure that the site and associated equipment is operating to the Health and Safety requirements at all times.
- Update and present documentation as required internal and external audits on a daily basis in a clear and well-presented format.
- Ensure that hygiene standards are maintained at all times for the equipment, staff and ancillary areas and that all storage areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Report any machine issues and newly encountered problems to the relevant parties as they arise.
- Please note you must have a flexible approach to work.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- The successful candidate will be a Time Served Engineer and / or hold a Mechanical Engineering qualification (HNC or equivalent) with electrical skills.
- Must hold 17th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- Mechanical fault finding skills.
- Pneumatic and hydraulic systems knowledge.
- Welding experience.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work on own initiative and remain calm under pressure
- Sound communicator.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Previous working background within a production environment.
- Meat processing experience.
- Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Tools and PPE provided.
- Standby Payments and Overtime Available.
- Shift Pattern: Mon – Fri Week 1 (6.30am – 3pm), Week 2 (10am – 6.30pm).
- 20 days holiday including 8 stats (due to shift rota).