Our client based in Branston, operate a successful and busy food production facility; they now have an immediate requirement for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer.
Although it is not essential candidates with the relevant background who have previously served in the Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or British Army and have worked within the food industry.
Please note that this role consists of working a permanent nightshift pattern (working either Sun – Thurs or Mon – Fri, 6pm -2.30am), therefore candidates wishing to be considered for this role must have a flexible approach to work.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will carry out routine maintenance and checks on all site machinery and equipment, as directed by the Maintenance Coordinator, including steam systems, conveyors, packaging and bagging systems, peeling, slicing, dicing and chipping machinery.
- Ensure servicing and maintenance cause as little disruption to production as possible.
- Ensure that all work is carried out safely and correctly with appropriate records being available for updating.
- Oversee any maintenance work carried out at the client’s site by authorised non-client personnel to do so.
- Control and record any site safety issues, reporting them to the relevant Departmental Heads.
- Liaise with Production and Maintenance Coordinators to ensure that preventative maintenance is carried out in a safe and timely manner.
- Play an active role in any continuous improvement teams ensuring that technological advancement is embraced.
- Any reasonable duties as requested by your Supervisor / Manager.
- Identify and complete any training requirements.
- The successful candidate will hold a relevant qualification in Engineering (ie Apprenticeship, NVQ level, City & Guilds etc).
- It is essential for this role that you have a strong multi-skilled engineering background.
- Previous working background within the food / pharmaceutical industry.
- Good fabrication skills.
- Excellent fault finding skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety.
- IT Literate.
- Sound communicator.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Flexible approach to working nightshifts.
- Salary: £Competitive DOE.
- Nightshift pattern (Sun – Thurs / Mon – Fri, 6pm - 2.30am).
- Uniform, PPE provided.
- Pension Scheme.
- Training available.
- Opportunity to join a fast paced motivated environment.