Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Job Reference: J3013
- Date Posted: 9 May 2017
- Recruiter: Demob Job Ltd
- Website: https://www.demobjob.co.uk/
- Location: Glasgow
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering, Government & Defence, Manufacturing Operations
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration: Up to 6 Months
- Work Hours: Full Time
My client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of industrial equipment in the UK & Ireland. Due to continued expansion they are now recruiting for 2 x Multi Skilled Engineers to join their team on a new project at their site in Glasgow. The successful candidates will be responsible for the commissioning, service and maintenance of electro-mechanical equipment on site. Please note these positions are on a fixed term contract for up to 6 months, which could potentially be extended or made into a permanent position for the right candidate.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Royal Navy, Army or Royal Air Force (RAF) and has an electro-mechanical engineering background.
- Responsible for the service and maintenance of equipment and machinery on site.
- Installation and Commissioning of all types of equipment supplied by the company, as necessary.
- Assist with the installation and development with new products as necessary.
- Responsible for the compliance of directives and instructions from Service/Installation Department Office.
- Ensure adherence of the company Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensure compliance with company systems and procedures.
- Follow Company procedure and complete documentation appropriately and within specified time scales.
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have a strong background within Electrical and Mechanical engineering.
- Strong technical background.
- Must be available to work weekends and bank holidays when required.
- Sound communicator.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Fixed term contract up to 6 months.
- Salary £Negotiable.
- 40 hours per week.
- Overtime payable.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.