Demob Job Reference: j3060
Job Title: Marine Engineering Manager
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh
Salary: Up to £55,000 DOE plus 15% Bonus
Start Date: Subject to Security Clearance
My client is one of the UK’s leading support services companies. They deliver many key services including design, build, manage, operate and maintaining assets, dealing with companies both in the UK and overseas, supplying customers in a wide variety of industry sectors including Aerospace, Training, Defence, Marine, Naval, MoD, Oil & Gas, Communications, Energy and Transportation. They now require a Marine Engineering Manager based at their site in Faslane, Helensburgh.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company, and although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the armed forces i.e. Royal Navy (Marine Engineer) and has previous working knowledge within military surface vessels.
- The successful candidate will lead a small team developing a problem solving capability in support of both the base staff and Royal Navy, for submarine vessels within the Fleet team.
- Focus on both tactical problem resolution for base and on-board staff and in identifying the root cause of technical issues on vessels resulting in recommendations to the MOD and RN as to what can be done to avoid these problems reoccurring.
- Comply with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and exercise a duty of care promoting a positive approach towards workplace health and safety.
- Promote best practice and report non-compliance to ensure continual improvement in the organisation.
- Previous working background within Marine Engineering and strong broad technical knowledge across mechanical, electrical, combat systems and structural areas.
- Strong Marine Engineering experience gained working on either nuclear powered submarines or as a minimum military surface vessels.
- Experience of working within a Nuclear regulated environment.
- Managerial experience.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload for team.
- IT Literate.
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Formal Marine Engineering Academic qualification.
- Formal Accreditation with a relevant professional body.
- Salary: Up to £55,000
- Bonus Scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats
- Monday – Friday: 37 hour week
- Employer contributory pension
- Opportunity to join a well established and rapidly expanding company
Successful applicants will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements