Our client is a design and manufacturing company who operate within a variety of industry sectors worldwide. Due to continued expansion an opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer to join their existing team in Dunstable, Bedfordshire. The successful candidate will be responsible for planned and reactive maintenance tasks across the facility ensuring that all equipment is running at maximum efficiency.
Please note that our client operates a 7 day 12 hour shift pattern, including days and nights. Working a 40.25 hour working week you will earn £38,000 to £39,500 per year dependent on your experience and gain the opportunity to earn overtime on any additional hours worked. Your salary is highly likely to increase by £1,000 to £1,500 after the 6 month probation period.
Our client is particularly keen on engineers with an electrical bias who have previously worked on maintaining high volume production line equipment. Suitable candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.
- Perform routine, planned maintenance on all customer equipment and observe daily, weekly and monthly tests and recording policies.
- Perform breakdown repairs on customer machines.
- Record parts used, maintenance performed, repairs and remedial activity required.
- Pro-actively communicate with all team members, supervisors and manager at start and end of shifts to ensure all are aware of completed maintenance / repairs and outstanding maintenance / repairs.
- Ensure good house-keeping at all times.
- Make suggestions to improve working practices.
- Order spare parts and ensure stock locations are maintained and kept in an orderly fashion.
- Work with the customer to prioritise workload in order to maximise production whilst minimising adverse effects on machinery and ensuring safety.
- Comply with all Company policies including Health & Safety policy.
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have a strong electrical engineering background and will hold a relevant electrical qualification i.e. NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Experience within a service / maintenance role.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams.
- Familiar with PLC’s/controls would be an advantage.
- Able to work at heights.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Sound communicator.
- Self-motivated, able to work using own initiative.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Salary £38,000 to £39,500 per annum.
- Shift work.
- Overtime payable.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employer contributory pension.
- Healthcare plus health insurance plus childcare vouchers.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.