Our Client is looking to recruit a number of experienced ex-military (Royal Navy - Logistician, Royal Air Force (RAF), Supplier or British Army - RLC) Logistics Technicians. All successful applicants must obtain Sponsored Reservist status, ultimately sponsored by our client, who are a civilian company.
NOTE: All applicants will complete a comprehensive medical and fitness/strength tests as part of the recruitment process. Interested applicants must be of good health and physically fit.
A willingness to be flexible, work away from home and commitment to serve overseas on operational tours (on an occasional basis) is essential.
- To receive, supply, dispatch, expedite and deliver parts in support of our customer’s requirements.
- Work alongside the RAF (when required) as a Sponsored Reserve (SR). You will mostly work as part of Central Stores, supplying and receiving aircraft parts. As an SR, you will deploy on an occasional basis under operational/exercise conditions to locations around the world ensuring inventory is properly categorised and accounted for.
- Locate inventory into correct shelf locations, pick inventory for shipment to customers and perform inventory cycle counts.
- Update company logistics database accurately in a timely manner.
- Ensure all customer requirements are understood and dealt with as efficiently as possible.
- Maintain effective communications with all relevant stakeholders, internal and external.
- Assist in unloading of incoming inventory from deliveries, including requirement to operate forklift equipment, load and unload vehicles.
- Drive company vehicles and carry out stores delivery duties.
- Understand and contribute to ensuring departmental and company targets are met.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety guidelines and Quality responsibilities, all procedures and processes and all relevant MOD and Sponsored Reserve regulations.
- Maintain a personal fitness regime to be able to pass the Multi Stage Fitness Test (MSFT) to attain the RAF’s minimum standard.
- Undertake Force Protection (FP) training as required.
- Report any issues to the Team Leader/Manager in a timely manner.
- Ensure work areas are kept in a clean accident free condition.
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 in Warehousing and Storage or equivalent experience.
- Recent working background within a military logistics environment applying Military Logistics and Supply Chain Rules and Regulations.
- Ability to participate in Force Protection training, pass the RAF Multi Stage Fitness Test (MSFT) and ability to attain medical categorisation to meet RAF criteria/standards.
- Experience in carrying out quality control checks and to count and record stock figures.
- Working experience in warehousing, handling inventory, picking and bar code equipment.
- Ability to handle the wide range of materials, deal with multiple customers and priorities, and resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Knowledge of aircraft spares.
- IT Literate: MS Office.
- Ability to deal effectively and efficiently with queries and correspondence.
- Ensure accuracy in all paperwork and delivery quantities.
- Prepared to complete relevant promotion training course.
- Full valid driving license.
- Current reach or counter balance forklift license.
- Pension Scheme with Employer contributions.
- Shift Work: Mon – Fri: (AM: 4am – 12pm, PM: 12pm – 8pm, Night: 8pm – 4am)
- Occasional weekends on call.
- Training Bounty.
- 30 Days Holiday plus 8 Stats.
- Optical and Dental Scheme.
- Subsidised use of onsite gym.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Subsidised Social Events.
Security: Must be able to successfully obtain Security Clearance to Secret Level.