- Job Reference: J3008
- Date Posted: 30 May 2017
- Recruiter: Demob Job Ltd
- Website: https://www.demobjob.co.uk/
- Location: Maidstone, Kent
- Salary: £20,920
- Sector: Transport & Logistics
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Demob Job Reference: j3008
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Salary: £20,920 per annum
Our client is a well-established and leading provider of support services in the UK. They provide sterilisation and decontamination services to their prestigious client base including the NHS. They are now looking for a Logistics Supervisor based at their site in Maidstone. The successful candidate will organise deliveries and collections of surgical equipment to and from different sites as required to meet customer needs.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army (RLC, Royal Logistics Corps) or Royal Air Force MT Driver.
- Ensure that all drivers operate within client guidelines, policies, procedures and legislations.
- Recruit and train new staff as required following HR policies.
- Provide support to the Transport Manager and be the first point of contact for drivers 24 hours a day. Keep Depot management fully appraised of any issues which may have an impact on production or service.
- Responsible for the effective deployment and supervision of all logistics staff.
- Prepare driver rotas to ensure contractual commitments to customer are achieved.
- Use appropriate equipment for downloading and recording driver and vehicle activity and act on any infringements by drivers.
- Keep and monitor relevant records to manage the WTD for drivers.
- Plan and arrange fleet safety and maintenance inspections, MOT’s and servicing with appropriate vehicle provider, in line with O licence requirements.
- Carry out driver licence checks and record necessary details on a 3 monthly basis.
- Maintain a weekly vehicle mileage and fuel usage log.
- Check, sign off and file all vehicle and driver paperwork weekly.
- Monitor and act on any vehicle defects ensuring established reporting systems are adhered to and liaise with vehicle provider to rectify any defects or faults.
- Follow proper vehicle accident reporting procedures in the event of any vehicle accidents and complete relevant paperwork.
- Maintain and complete driver training record cards.
- Carry out and record annual assessments for all company vehicle drivers.
- Maintain accurate documentation and information systems both manually and by using the department’s computer system (as required).
- In the absence of the Transport Manager to report directly to the Operations Manager.
- The successful candidate will hold full, valid C1 category driving licence.
- Digital Tachograph Card.
- Driver Qualification Card (CPC).
- Previous working knowledge of multi-drop driving.
- Experience of working as Team Leader/ Supervisor.
- Commitment to own personal development.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality of work.
- Flexible approach working hours.
- Mon – Fri: 8am – 4pm.
- Pension Scheme.
- 21 days holiday (Plus 8 stats)