Junior Mobile Air Conditioning Engineer
- Job Reference: J3020
- Date Posted: 16 May 2017
- Recruiter: Demob Job Ltd
- Website: https://www.demobjob.co.uk/
- Location: Aldershot, Hampshire
- Salary: £18,000 to £28,000
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client provides maintenance, service and repair services to their client base in the South of England, including London. Due to continued expansion they are now looking for a Trainee Field Service Engineer to join their team at their site in Aldershot. The successful candidate will gain knowledge with regards to servicing, fault finding and repairing air conditioning generator systems. Please note you must be flexible as you will be travelling extensively on a daily basis.
Although not essential, candidates coming from an (ex military) background i.e. Army (REME), Navy (Marine Engineer) or Royal Air Force (RAF) career are encouraged to apply, especially those looking to move into the Air Conditioning sector.
Due to the nature of the role, after successful completion of training, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a call-out rota (1 day in 5) and spend occasional days away from home (up to 2 days every 3 months); therefore a flexible approach to travel and working hours is essential.
- The role requires the engineer to shadow an experienced engineer and work on all types of air conditioning units plus generator systems.
- Liaise with customers on site; service, maintain and repair a diverse range of air conditioning units plus generator systems including VRV/VRF, split units, chillers, AHU’s, DX systems, packed systems, extract and supply air systems, remote condensors, dry coolers and refrigeration equipment.
- Carry out scheduled maintenance tasks as directed.
- Attend breakdowns and identify faults on equipment, advising the customer on the necessary repairs that need to be carried out.
- Carry out repairs and test equipment to ensure that it is in working order.
- Install new components to ensure that machinery is working efficiently.
- Assist with installation works when required.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- Mechanical Engineering qualification or experience is required.
- Strong technical background.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Sound communicator.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Ability to work on own initiative and remain calm under pressure.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Willing to travel to Europe for a short duration on an annual basis.
- Up to £28,000 Salary depending on experience.
- Relevant training courses provided (CITB - Safe Handling Refrigerants, Pipework & Brazing – Commercial, Safe Handling of R410A and qualification in Air Conditioning through appropriate body).
- Callout and Away from Home Allowances (Rota every 1 in 5) after training.
- Monday – Friday – 40 hours (7am/8am – 3pm/4pm)
- Overtime payable.
- Company Van, Mobile Phone after training.
- Pension Scheme.
- Health Scheme after successful completion of probationary period.