HGV Mechanic (Continental Shifts)
- Job Reference: J3057
- Date Posted: 13 June 2017
- Recruiter: Demob Job Ltd
- Website: https://www.demobjob.co.uk/
- Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: Attractive Salary + Benefits
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
My client is a leading provider of engineering solutions to their prestigious client base. Due to continued expansion, they now require a HGV Mechanic to work a Late Shift Continental Pattern at their customers’ site in Clay Cross, Derbyshire. Reporting to the Depot Manager the successful candidates will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of HGV Trucks and Trailers, ensuring all work is carried out to timescale and the highest of standards.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company. In return you will benefit from a very attractive salary working a 4 on/4 off continental shift pattern. Although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Army (REME) and has a proven mechanical engineering background as a Vehicle Mechanic (HGV, with electrical skills).
- You will be responsible for carrying out general maintenance and repair work on a range of HGV’s.
- Ensure that all equipment including workshop plant is maintained to the highest standards at all times.
- Ensure all vehicles are in safe working order.
- Carry out all repairs to the highest standards.
- Able to carry out in-depth engineering work and diagnostics.
- Maintain and keep secure all tools, equipment, PPE and technical documentation assigned.
- Must be able to operate individually or within a close team.
- Carry out any other reasonable task which may arise from time to time.
- All repair activities carried out in accordance with current Health and Safety legislation and the client’s policy.
- Safe operation of all relevant equipment, machines and tools and completion of associated documentation.
- Undertake any other duties that could be reasonably expected.
- The successful candidate must hold a relevant engineering qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Apprenticeship.
- Demonstrable experience within a similar position.
- Electrical fault finding skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and provide an excellent service under pressure.
- Strong fault finding skills.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise.
- Good communication skills.
- Team Player.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Hold valid driving licence ideally with C + E.
- £Attractive Salary.
- Continental shift pattern 4 on/4 off, 2pm- 2am.
- 48 hour working week – 1½ paid after 40 hours.
- Use of company van whilst on shift.
- 20 days holiday.
- Uniform and PPE provided.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Full training provided.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.