My client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of industrial equipment in the UK & Ireland. Due to continued expansion they are now recruiting for a Field Installation/Service Engineer to join their team. The Engineer will be based on or close to the M1/M4/M5/M6 corridors; Stoke on Trent, Chesterfield, Leicester, Worcester, Cheltenham, Swindon, Basingstoke and surrounding areas. The successful candidate will attend customer sites and carry out installation, commissioning, service, maintenance and repair of electro-mechanical equipment. Please note that this is a home based role which involves extensive travel, therefore you must be flexible and be prepared to stay away from home overnight.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Royal Navy, Army or Royal Air Force (RAF) and has an electro-mechanical engineering background.
- The successful candidate will travel to customer sites and carry out service work on existing contracts.
- Responsible for maintaining service contracts and development of potential service contract customers.
- Liaising with customers to keep them up to date with installation and maintenance schedules.
- Installation and Commissioning of all types of equipment supplied by the company, as necessary.
- Assist with the installation and development with new products as necessary.
- Ensure the Office is informed of all matters affecting the Installation/Service Department.
- Responsible for the compliance of directives and instructions from Service/Installation Department Office.
- Ensure adherence of the company Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensure compliance with company systems and procedures.
- Follow Company procedure and complete documentation appropriately and within specified time scales.
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have a strong background within Electrical and Mechanical engineering.
- Strong technical background.
- You must be flexible as this role involves extensive travel and overnight stays.
- Must be available to work weekends and bank holidays when required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Sound communicator.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Hold a valid driving licence.
- Starting salary £27,000, rising to £28,516 after training – OTE £35K+.
- Monday to Friday – 40 hours.
- Overtime payable.
- Expenses for overnight stays and lunches.
- 25 days plus 8 stats holiday.
- Company car and fuel card (including private use).
- Company pension scheme and health scheme.
- Mobile phone, laptop, uniform provided.
- Healthcare plus health insurance plus childcare vouchers.
- Full training provided.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.