Our client is a one of the world's leading independent experts within their field, delivering turnkey projects that produce sustainable energy to their prestigious client base. They now have an immediate requirement for an Engineering / Site Operations Technician (Field Based) for a six month fixed term contract, with potential to becoming a permanent role however this is not guaranteed. You will cover York and the surrounding area including Harewood, Gilberdyke, Gamblethrope and New Crosby.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force who has relevant engineering experience with engines, generators and plant.
Please note you must be flexible in your approach to work as this position will involve travelling around York and the surrounding area, therefore late or early working may be required, and you will also be part of an on-call Rota covering North East sites.
Please note that interviews for this position will be held on Wednesday 21st June 2017 at the Harewood site therefore you must be available to attend on this particular day.
- Day to day operations and maintenance including but not limited to fault diagnosis, location and rectification.
- Planned maintenance and breakdown response on the generator sets with minimum outages.
- A commitment to continuous enhancement of skills and knowledge, and that of the technicians working with you.
- Seek guidance and advice from the Engineering and Management team in anything you are unsure of.
- Avoid unnecessary expenditure by using skills and tools available from within the company.
- Ensuring a stock of basic spare parts as detailed by the Area Supervisor is replenished and always to hand should there be a breakdown.
- A commitment to Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental practices following all procedures.
- Compliance and implementation of company protection procedures with a proactive approach to maintaining, monitoring, reporting and auditing.
- Manage time and travel effectively, working away from home where appropriate.
- Execution of all generator maintenance and the use of Operations staff to undertake minor maintenance on generators as required by the management.
- Maintenance and inspection of LV electrical equipment subject to training and competency.
- Operation of HV switchgear subject to training and competency.
- Commissioning of new build including all associated equipment ranging from the generator to telephone line communications.
- Incorporation of new sites into operations.
- Work on and monitor the gas field to maintain the fuel source for the generators.
- Provide 24-hour emergency call-out cover to respond to generator set failures when necessary.
- Candidates must have extensive knowledge and experience of electrical and mechanical maintenance.
- Qualified to HNC/ONC/NVQ 3 level or above in Electrical, Mechanical or similar relevant engineering discipline.
- Previous working knowledge of generators and diesel engines is essential.
- Experience working with landfill gas, specialist fuels and or on generators would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of electric control systems (12v DC – 415v AC 30ø)
- Fault location, diagnosis and rectification.
- IT Literate.
- Full UK driver’s license.
- Flexible approach to work with regards to travel and undertaking an on-call rota.
- Salary £24K - £27,500 PA (rising to £24,444 / £29,919 if role goes permanent and after completion of six month probationary period).
- Company vehicle, fuel card, mobile phone, PPE, laptop, tools provided.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days.
- On-call payments.
- Company bonus scheme relating to company performance.
- Optional Private Medical Insurance.