Demob Job Reference: J2972
Job Title: Armourer (Light / Heavy)
Location: Lyneham, Wiltshire
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000
Our client is one of the UK’s leading support services companies. They deliver many key services including training, design, build, manage and operate assets, dealing with companies both in the UK and overseas, supplying customers in a wide variety of industry sectors including Defence, Marine, Naval, MoD, Nuclear, Communications, Energy and Transportation. They now require an Armourer (Light / Heavy), based at Lyneham, Wiltshire. You will report to the Quality Engineer.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and held a similar role as an Armourer.
- Diagnostic testing and repair of all military small arms, guns and associated vehicle mounts.
- Diagnostic testing and repair of armoured vehicle turret mechanisms, gun assemblies, doors and hatches.
- Carry out annual AFC 351 inspection of small arms, AFG 857 sub system inspection of ‘armoured’ vehicle turret mounted weapons, guns including RWS and miscellaneous equipment as required.
- Utilise JAMES for inspection and repair tasks.
- Ensuring each task on the job card/JAMES is updated within current MOD repair policy.
- Conduct JAMES training and updates as mandated.
- Initiation of all weapons stores material demands following authorisation.
- Accountable to the Team Leader and Workshop Manager when maintaining or repairing weapons.
- Conforming to security regulations with regard to safe custody of weapons associated components at all times.
- Reporting of all discrepancies or equipment losses of weapons and/or associated components through the Team Leader and Workshop Manager.
- Interpretation and working to all engineering drawings, technical reports and publications.
- Safe operation of any machines and portable power tools used within the Workshop.
- Informing the Line Managers of any failure of workshop tools, machinery or plant.
- Practice of good engineering hygiene at all times.
- Inspection of equipment serviceability prior to submission for Out Inspection.
- Carrying out engraving as directed by the Line Managers.
- Any other tasks that fall within the individual’s competence as required by their line management.
- Carry out their duties in accordance with the Unit Equipment Care Directive and all relevant BSI/ISO 9000/2000 processes and procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- It is essential that you hold a minimum of REME Class 1 Armourer qualification or civilian equivalent.
- Suitable Gunfitter qualifications.
- Full Driving License with full Group ‘B’ Licence.
- Tracked Vehicle Driving License.
- IT Literate - Experience of JAMES systems.
- Abrasive Wheels trained.
- £26,000 to £28,000 annual salary.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Company pension scheme.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and will need to undergo Enhanced DBS, Security Clearance (SC) and employment reference checks (5 years).